Monday, March 12, 2012

Have you read this book?

     Here's a quote from a book published in 2003, which I found only last summer. I really liked this book, and had a difficult time putting it down. Do you know it?

     "My name is Christopher John Francis Boone. I know all the countries of the world and their capital cities and every prime number up to 7,057."

Then, one page later, this quote:

     "I like dogs. You always know what a dog is thinking. It has four moods. Happy, sad, cross and concentrating. Also, dogs are faithful and they do not tell lies because they cannot talk."

     Because of copyright, I will name the book and the author if nobody comes up with the title first. If you've read the book, I'm pretty sure you'll know it from these quotes.

Steve

2 comments:

  1. The Art of Racing in the Rain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that book, Alison; Perhaps you can tell me the author.
      The quotes above come from the book, "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time", by Mark Haddon. A great read. Without giving anything away, I'll simply say it's a story about a boy with autism, and how he views the world.

      Delete